Saturday, January 9, 2010

Time to thaw

It's just too damn cold.

I hope this painting takes you to a warmer spot. I don't think I have finished it. You may see it again ,later.

Even with zero degree wind chills my children are on the trampoline, ignoring frostbite in their extremities. Here in the South you have to make your opportunities for snow angels and there is just enough dusting on the tramp for an imprint. The 5 year old found enough to make a snowball to throw at his sister. Last night at dark the large child of 50 years was out on the sled with them, trying to get some speed on frosted grass. They had plenty of runs and then were ready for hot chocolate and bed. The large child fell asleep before the early news was over.

This painting is 20 x 24. oil on canvas. I'll think of something cute to name it after more coffee. It is posted on Etsy.

1 comment:

Eben said...

Looks great. I want to go there.