Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Time to hit the road....


I am ready for a new adventure. Maybe it is the new year, new beginning thing but I really need to change my environment. My friends are marrying off children, choosing their grandparent names and picking out their last hurrah homes. I am dealing with preschools. (My name by the way will be Chinky, chosen by my daughter). I am, though, exploring my old lady look. My sister believes long peasant skirts, moon dangle earrings and colorful shawls would be a good thing for me, but I think she is just remembering the only artist we ever knew growing up, who was rarely sober. It could work. I like the idea of driving an old truck, preferably one color, with floorboards not rusted out, and no room for car seats. Boots and jeans and my nieces's gorgeous jewelry designs. And this yellow house.
This painting is 16 x 16 and is now on sale at jennyschultz.com and on Etsy at Jenny Schultz Designs.

1 comment:

Rick Nilson said...

I like the broken feel of this. Could be more even....exacturated.