Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Baaadd Sheep



There have been a lot of black sheep in the Everett family. We've had horse traders and bootleggers and other ancestors of questionable means. I fit right in with the group. It is nice to know that those that came before you weren't all high grade.




My hopes to be noticed for good, and not evil, were first spoiled by my oldest sisters. They were perfect. Marsha, Marsha, Marsha. Both were homecoming QUEENS, not just in the court like I was. I felt no pressure to carry on that family tradition. I know I was the first girl grounded in my family, and it was for a month. It happened my freshman year of college. I had bad skin, was chubby and my grades were dubious. All of my teachers would look at me, shake their heads and say "And you're Amy's sister?" Tall, thin gorgeous Amy. Don't forget Molly, whose photo on the front page of the local paper in a white bikini tied up our phone line for months.




My younger sister was every one's favorite. She always got the pink hairbrush sets, while I got boy blue. She was the only blond in the family. She would bite me and I would be the one sent to bed without supper. Then the youngest came along. I was 15, she was a baby, cute and dimpled. To this day the girl has ivory skin, black eyes and that damn dimple. I couldn't win for losing.




I do love them all, even though Amy is the favored one, Abby is still cute and blond, Molly is the most fun, and Megan outshines us all. At least I am the one who fits in most with the family tree.




This is called Baaaad Sheep. I actually giggled painting this. Two of the sheep just look very, very BAAAAD. It is 20 x 16, and is listed for sale on Etsy.com.







1 comment:

Unknown said...

SOunds like a novel should be brewing. I would love it. Like a girl named zippy