Thursday, September 15, 2011

The cure for high blood pressure.....

This morning I was rushing around my house, trying to get ready for a VERY important appointment with a VERY prominent gallery. As always, the hubby had things to say, and the children were dragging, as they had been up all night. I had no clean clothes and had too much coffee. The school called just as I was parking in front of the gallery, which is across town from our house. Luckily the school nurse took pity on me and agreed to send the sick (allergic) child back to class until I finished my appointment. As I opened my car door in front of the gallery owner, a huge pile of my kids' McDonalds wrappers fell out from their nutritious dinner on the run last night. I dropped my purse. It flew open. I wanted to crawl under a rock.

Then I entered the gallery and every care I had just flew away. It was a sea of gorgeousness. Just as delicious as anything could be. That is when it hit me that I had a new cure for stress. Every doctor should send their patients to a gallery for an hour a day. They just need to sit and take in the beauty. We would all be so much healthier. Even more so if we stopped eating at McDonalds.

This painting is titled "Golden Moments" and is available at DK Gallery, my newest gallery. Donna and Mary are the coolest chicks around and know their stuff. Stop in for some destressing.

2 comments:

Denise Rose said...

Congrats on the new gallery! I am sure your work will love just lovely there! And you sound like you had one of those typical days of a Mom!

Kathy Cousart said...

You can paint and also tell a fun story! This painting is beautiful and fits in just right at the new gallery. Congrats to you and I think a good new health regime has begun. Thanks!