Thursday, December 10, 2009

Book Club

I have asked my friends to begin a book club with me. We used to have one BKTO (before kids took over). But that one progressed into more of a wine & whine club and less of a reading group. I have high hopes for this go around. We are first reading "Loving Frank", about Frank Lloyd Wright's mistresses. Apparently Tiger has nothing on him.

Somehow the ladies in this painting began to morph into my mother in law and her best friends. They often sat on the beach and read together. For those who know them, from left to right, are Nancy, JJ, Margaret and Katherine. In their honor I will rename this "Ponte Vedra Book Club". I am hoping that like these ladies, AKATWU, (after kids are through with us) my friends and I can hold our weekly meetings in the same place, with a little wine and whine.

9 x 12, oil on linen board.

No comments: