Saturday, November 14, 2009

It's all about the pink.....

I have an 8 year old daughter. Her whole world has been pink since birth. I did manage to paint her walls a soft ballet pink
before she could choose bright bubblegum, so I consider it a victory. This week she announced that her favorite color was actually blue. I am heartbroken-the barbies are gone, American Girl and all of her outrageously expensive friends are shoved into the closet, the adorable Lilly dresses hidden under the bed where I am not to find them....and now this. I have a hippie chick, peace sign lovin', ABBA singin', blue jean wearin' preteen. I fear what is just around the corner.... goth boyfriends, her own facebook page and piercings. I think I like blue afterall.
"Pink Reflections", 22 x 28, oil and medium on canvas.

No comments: